All reviews appearing on this blog will be honest, written in my own words and my own opinion. Where I have been sent compensation for a review, whether it’s the products themselves or other forms of compensation, full disclosure will be given. All posts will be marked with *Ad or made clear in some other way. Please ensure you read, in full, my Privacy and Cookie Policies.
Some posts and items in the sidebars may contain affiliate links, which will be clearly marked. The rewards from these affiliate links will help to finance the blog. Please read the full and comprehensive Cookie and Privacy Policies which explain how these work in greater detail.
Mish Mash Blogs is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to www.amazon.co.uk
Most of the photographs and pictures on this blog are created by me. Therefore anyone wishing to use the images requires my permission. When using photographs not taken by myself, I will always endeavour to obtain permission. If I have used your photograph and not credited please do contact me and I will rectify this immediately.
Cookies are small pieces of data, stored in text files, that are stored on your computer or other devices when websites are loaded in a browser. They are widely used to remember you and your preferences, either for a single visit (through a session cookie) or for multiple repeat visits (using a persistent cookie). They ensure a consistent and efficient experience for visitors and perform essential functions, such as allowing users to register and remain logged in.
Programmes currently using cookies, operational on Mish Mash Blogs
Jetpack – tracks visitors and how they move around the website.
Google Analytics – allows me to see enhanced statistics pertaining to the website. It allows me to see on which page people entered the website, which content they visited and on which page they left the website. It also allows me to see the demographics of people reading my content. This allows me to ensure I am providing great content at all times.
Amazon Affiliates – I am an Amazon Affiliate Marketer. When you click through from my site onto Amazon, you will be subject to their privacy and cookie policies.
Skimlinks – Again, once you click off of my site onto a third party website you will be subject to their privacy and cookie policies.
This policy is effective from 01 May 2018.
- Data – this is collectively all the information you provide to this website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection act 1998;
- Cookies – a small text file is placed on your computer by Mish Mash Blogs when you visit, or when you use certain features of this website. Details of the cookies used by Mish Mash Blogs are set out below.
- UK and EU Cookie Law – The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) 2003 regulations as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) regulations 2011;
- User/You – any third party that accesses Mish Mash Blogs and is not either employed by myself and acting in the course of their employment, or engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Mish Mash Blogs and accessing the blog in connection with the provision of such services;
- Website – the website that you are currently using (www.mishmashblogs.co.uk) and any other sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- The singular includes the plural and vice versa.
- A reference to a person includes other businesses, government entities, trusts and partnerships.
- Including is understood to mean “including without limitation”.
- For purposes of the Data Collection Act 1998, myself as the owner of the website is also known as the “data controller”.
- We retain any data/information you submit via the website for a period of 1 month.
- Unless we are obliged to, or permitted by law by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your data/information WILL NOT be shared with any third parties. This does not include any of the affiliate programmes we currently use on this site.
- All personal data is stored securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security please read below.
- Wherever you are required to submit data. you will be given options to restrict the use of that data.
- To use all functions and features on the website, you may be required to submit certain data.
- You have the right to request any copy of your personal Data being held by this website (if any data is held).
- Data security is of great importance to Mish Mash Blogs. In order to protect your data we have put in place suitable managerial processes to safeguard and secure any data collected by this website.
- We endeavour at all times to protect your personal data. However, information being submitted over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk.
- All cookies used on this website are used in accordance with EU and UK Cookie Law.
- Before Mish Mash Blogs places a cookie on your computer, a pop up will appear at the bottom of the screen. By pressing ok you are giving your consent to the placing of cookies on your computer, and you are enabling Mish Mash Blogs to provide a better experience to you. You can, of course, deny consent for the cookies however some features of the website may not function as they were intended.
- This website places the following kinds of cookies;
- Strictly Necessary Cookies – These are cookies that are necessary for the operation of our website. They are cookies that enable logging in to any secure areas, using a shopping function or making use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/Performance Cookies – These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to observe how visitors use our websites. This allows us to improve any services offered and to improve content.
- Functionality Cookies – These recognise when you have returned to our site. This means we can personalise content for you and remember preferences.
- You can choose to enable or disable cookies from your personal internet browser. Most browsers accept cookies by default, but you can easily change this by looking at your browser help menu.
- You can choose to delete cookies at any time. This may mean that you lose some information that enables you to access our content quickly and, but not limited to, any personalised settings.
- We recommend that you ensure your browser is fully updated and that you consult the guidance provided by your internet browser developer. You will also find information on how to adjust your privacy settings within your browser.
- This website is an affiliate marketer with links to online retailers on my website. When people clink of those links we earn a small commission through the purchases. These links will always be clearly marked within the content.